Thursday, March 21, 2013

A starting point

I'm starting this blog to keep myself on task with eating right, exercising, and losing weight. I'm starting from scratch after losing and gaining earlier this year.

In January this year, I started following Happy Herbivore with a minimum of exercise. On January 2nd, when I first recorded for the year, I weight 74.5kg/164lbs. By the end of February, I was down to 73.5kg/162lbs. 1kg/2lbs in 2 months may not be fantastic, but it was steady weight coming off.

On March 1st, I started the McDougall's Maximum Weight Loss Plan, hoping to lose a bit more a bit faster. Instead, the opposite happened: during the 2 weeks I was on MWL, I gained enough weight to get up to 75.2kg/166lbs.

Apparently, MWL works for some people, but neither my roommate nor I are among them.

I'm going to be blogging on here various things: recipes I've tried from various websites and cookbooks, exercises I've done, and (horror of all horrors) photos of my progress.

And the title of the blog is from a song by my favorite musician. I'll let Google help you figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment