Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Another update

It's been too long yet again, meaning I've left this blog alone for several months at a time when I should be updating it weekly at the very least. There have been a lot of changes since the last post, and I'm still not sure how this is going to end up affecting the whole weight loss journey thing.

Here's the long and short of it: in May, I started working freelance for a blogging company. There is really good money in it if you're going at it, after all. In June, I was offered full-time. A week later, we had issues and was told I would have to be part-time a bit longer. In mid-July, my roommate got a job offer to work in Tucker, Georgia; she accepted the job, and we agreed to have her there to start work by the first full week of August. In two furious weeks, we packed our entire house, drove up to the Atlanta area to spend an insane weekend looking for an apartment or duplex, found one we liked that also happened to be very centrally located for everything we needed, and got moved on 02 August.

Of course, in that huge rush, I was unable to get a truck large enough to meet our needs, so we had to make two 4.5 hour trips to get out stuff to our new location. AT&T wasn't able to get the internet I requested until almost 10 days after it was supposed to be connected, meaning I lost that many days of work. But now I'm back to work and raring to go. I'm also working from home, something I've been wanting for a long time, which is also good.

But our entire house is still in boxes. We just got pots and pans unpacked earlier this week. Cookbooks are still thrown about willy-nilly. All my canned vegetables are still in a box, as is my teapot... which should be a capital crime. For that matter, I have only located a grand total of two (out of easily 20 or 30) flavors of tea that I know I possess in this apartment somewhere. Exercise DVDs have been located, but the TV stand in my bedroom was broken in the move, so I can't put anything on it... plus there are boxes in my room all over the place. The living room is still a dystopia of boxes, usually with felines draped across them.

The apartment complex we moved into does include a fitness room and a pool, but since I've been arguing with AT&T and technicians and so on, I have not yet been able to take advantage of them. Now that school is back in, though, I suspect I might well start using that pool while the children are away from the day. The downside of the fitness room is that it's only open with the office is, which is 8:00-5:30 Monday to Friday and 10:00 to 5:00 on Saturdays. So I'm going to have to work on creating a schedule of some sort to get me exercising while I can until the boxes are done.

One other downside to all of this, though, is that I've lost my health insurance. For now, I have stockpiled my meds but we'll see how things go as time wears on here.

And now back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment